Thursday, November 19, 2009

Taking a 20-something Newbie to Disney!

One question I constantly get when I tell others that I like Disney is "Why, you're 20-something years old?" It is usually because others do not understand that Disney magic. I always try to tell others that they have to just give Disney a CHANCE! It isn't the same as other amusement parks where it is all rides and you leave at the end of the day. When you are at Disney you are immersed in all things that involve Disney down to the hotel room and restaurant theming.


I personally have never taken a 20-something newbie to Disney... only a teenager. Some things might be different but I am going to approach this the way I approached taking my cousins!


1. Make sure they realize this is NOT an amusement park-- Disney isn't known as an amusement park it is a THEME park. Everything in Disney has a theme. They need to realize that theme and realize that everything that is placed in Disney is placed there for a certain reason. When you realize that everything is a theme it becomes easier to become immersed in the Disney magic.


2. This is a FAMILY park-- There isn't going to be TONS of Roller coasters the flip and twirl and have 10 loops in a row. If you want that.. go down the road ;) Disney World is known for some of the best "kids" rides ever. Peter Pan's Flight, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion.. just to name a few. These rides are slow moving but are enjoyable to all ages. When 20-somethings realize that I think they enjoy the park more!


3. You are allowed to be a kid-- So many people want to put up the facade that they are grown up and an adult. Of course I want to be like that as well, but when I am in Disney all bets are off and I'm myself! :) I'm a kid at heart. I get excited to see my favorite Disney princess and I sing while watching a show! Relax and you'll have SO MUCH more fun.


More to come :) But these are just a few ideas of how to help a newbie!:) If you have any.. just let me know!!



Here's a little pic for all those Disney fans.. I think some people are taking Swine Flu to an extreme!



No comments:

Post a Comment