Friday, August 14, 2009

Why Disney??

So people always ask me, "why Disney? Why do you always go back there when you could go wherever you wanted around the world?" That isn't the easiest question to answer, but the one answer I could come up with is.. Well because it's Disney. A lot of people have only one perspective of what Disney is. They think it is the Kid's Theme Park with Princess, Fairies, and the occasional Pirate. But to me, Disney is so much more than that. It is something that was created because of One Man's Dream. One man wanted a place to take his children and from that spurred this franchise that has touched children and adults alike all around the world.

Walt Disney was a man who wanted a place to take his children where both him and them alike could enjoy the rides and from that idea came Disneyland. A place where families can go and forget about home and other life but enjoy time together and everyone can be a kid. One commerical I think of when I think Disney is when the father and son went to Disney and they are looking at eachother in the mirror and the father has become his son's age. That is how I am, I am a kid when I am Disney. I forget about the stresses of life and of looking for a job and am a kid. I can have fun and take pictures with Mickey Mouse. I can wear Mickey Ears and have my picture taken with Cinderella and be the norm. It is an escape for me and I do not think there is a place that can be like that. I love it there.

When people say that Disney isn't as fun as Kings Dominion, Six Flags, or Hershey Park I always say to them that Disney isn't just for rides, it's an experieince. While those parks do have shows, no one can do it like Disney does it.

In this blog, I hope to discuss some of the things that Disney does (especially in Walt Disney World, since that is what I know the most) and show how Disney pays so much attention to detail it makes 20 somethings like me enjoy rides like Peter Pan's Flight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment